This sandwich is anything but thin but with the Warburtons Thins sandwiching it together are only 100 calories and the entire sandwich is only 250 calories- perfect for lunch with friends and a gossip over those new year resolutions!
- Warburtons sandwich thins
- Smoked chicken
- Red onion - finely chopped
- Handful of oak lettuce
- Salsa Verde (enough for 5 - 6 sandwiches)
Ingredients for the Salsa Verde:
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp capers
- 1 tsp anchovy fillets
- 40g parsley
- 25g basil
- 20g mint
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp virgin olive oil
- Lemon / sea salt / ground black pepper
1. Make the Salsa Verde
- Take the fresh parsley, basil and mint leaves and blitz in a blender together for 30 seconds.
- Add capers, garlic and fresh anchovy fillets to the flood processor and mix until they are fully blended.
- Add a squeeze of lemon and the sherry vinegar, before mixing and decanting the entire contents into a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, mix and then season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Stand for 30-45 minutes before serving. This should keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
2. To make your own smoked chicken try out Caboose's at home smoking tips, or simply pick it a hot or cold chicken from the local supermarket
3. Once you have your chicken, pull the meat apart from the bone using a fork and toss with the salsa verde
4. Heat a griddle pan to hot. Lightly brush the thinly sliced celeriac with olive oil and cook on the griddle, turning occasionally, for around 3-4 minuted or until tender.
5. Lightly toast the Warburtons sandwich thins and then layer up your thin with the oak lettuce, tossed salsa verde chicken, grilled celeriac and finish with a sprinkling do finely chopped red onion.
Get one for £4 from Caboose and head here for more information: www.facebook.com/Warburtons