Zumbura is a humble little Indian restaurant, located on the main square in Clapham Old Town. This is not your normal curry house but instead specialises on the cuisine from the Purab region in North East India.
At Zumbura you get a real authentic experience with authentic Indian food and a few cocktails thrown in on the side. There are only a few options which are broken down into Stews, Grills, Roasts, Fish, Vegatables, Bread and Rice.
We went for a broad selection of dishes which included:
- Murghi Ka Salan :home-style chicken curry cooked on the bone for a rich sauce £7.5
- Hari Murghi :chicken marinated in fresh herbs and yoghurt overnight and then roasted £7
- Machli Ka Salan :pollock fish curry with mustard seeds and fenugreek £8.5
- ghuggni :black chickpeas braised in onion and mango powder £4.5
- Molly Moo Moo : Stoli Vanilla, Stoli Raspberry, Limoncello, fresh raspberries, apple & passion fruit juice. £7
- Indian Negroni :Woodford Reserve, Aperol, Antica Formula, Cointreau & Peychaud Bitters. £7
All in all, Zumbura provided an intimate setting to eat food you believed was being served straight from a kitchen all the way over in India. Coupled with stunning cocktails, this small restaurant really gives you the feeling of trying something completely different.
More information can be found at their website: www.zumbura.com