Recently I had Adams family over for a mini Christmas partay before I jet off to Houston to see the fam. I do not host many dinner parties as my lounge only really fits four, comfortably and I was going to have 6 adults, 2 kids and a cat and....I had to make my lounge as party esq as possible along with a beautiful dining experience - challenge accepted!
The only thing that would work for this many people in a small small would be light dining, buffet style I also had the fun challenge of including the new flavours of PoPChips new flavours into my recipes:
Sea Salt, Garlic & Rosemary
Sea salt, caramelised onion & thyme
I dotted the new flavours around the lounge for people to snack on. on a separate note I am loving the new packaging, looks like it has been created with watercolours.
If nothing else, always buy flowers, they brighten up the roo and always add a fresh scent,I brought some white flowers to match the season and had lots of candles dotted around the house including my favourite Noel candle from Crabtree & Evelyn. I also scattered these beautiful silver glitter stars from The White Company. To keep in with the light dining theme I used fun paper plates from Selfridges which has fun words embossed in metallics like Jolly and Happy which I just thought was adorable I kinda didn't want anyone to use them so I could keep them on display.
So what did we eat...
- PoPchips new flavours Sea Salt, Caramalised Onion & Thyme and Sea Salt, Garlic & Rosemary.
- Peppers stuffed with goats cheese.
- Tiger bread & biscuits with a selection of cheeses including my favourite Caramalised Onion.
- Salad: mixed salad leaves, pomegranate, roasted walnuts, Camembert & apple.
- Gammon,boiled in 2l of Coke and honey glazed.
- Caramelised onion, goats cheese & Thyme tart with a sprinkle of sea salt (Tip: Caramalised onions always taste better when you make it yourself)
- Sea salt, garlic & thyme roast potatoes cut into cubes.
What did we drink
For this late lunch, Piper-H Champers had to be served from my new DIY bar cart.
With music, catching up and gifts to keep the little ones busy it was a great afternoon with delicious food. I need to put on more parties next time a more sophisticated sit down meal is on the cards with four people max!