Along with my easy to make snacks I also try to venture into easy to make recipes like this One Pot Chinese Style Beef, it takes around 15 minutes to prep and between 2 hours, 2 1/2 hours to cook. This is perfect if you are a busy bee or have a large family to feed, it is also easy to prepare in advance or to put in the freezer for another day.
This recipe has been inspired by the new foodie trend of 'one pot cooking' (hence the title of my recipe) it is well and truly back, coined 'Peasant Food'. Peasant food really stands for wholesome beef or lamb dishes that one pot can be left to do all the work for melt in the mouth meat so you can have more time to do other things like spend time with your loved ones or colour in the latest colouring book. This is simple food you can make in advance and the Peasant food trend is great for you wallet as you are cooking the food for so long the cheaper cuts of meat are just as good as the meat is beautifully tender.
When hunting for you chosen beef or lamb always look out for the quality mark of the Red Tractor logo which guarantees the meat you are buying is farm assured, you can find out more details from the Simply Beef and Lamb website.
Will you be taking the #LivePeasant challenge? for more recipes use the # on social media.
Ingredients for a meal for four:
1. Prep your tomatoes: They need to be peeled so boil a pan and have a small bowl of cold water ready. Cut a small X in the bottom of each tomato and put them in the boiling water for 45 seconds until the tomato skin starts to split. Place them with a slotted spoon in the cold water then peel.
2. Mix chili, soy sauce, half of the sesame seeds, flour and salt and pepper in a sealable bag with the beef.
3. Add 1tbsp of oil into a casserole pan. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until soft. (Remove off the heat)
4. Place the coated beef into the pan with 1tbsp of oil and brown on each side.
5. Add the onion and garlic mix, quartered tomatoes, tomato purée, basil, veg stock.
6. When the mixture starts to boil, cover then cook for 2 hours.
7. Add the Gnocchi for 3 minutes.
9. Toast the remaining sesame seeds and use them to garnish the dish.