Oh Hello! Sorry I have been a little slack on the blog there's been a lot going on but it is OK I am back baby! Today (5th May) is Cinco de Mayo and I wanted to share an almighty Mexican feast which is great for sharing with friends or family. I was in Mexico in January and the food is just incredible, tacos, fajitas, nachos it’s all my favourite food. As far as easy to make snacks go with brands like Old El Paso it is stupidly easy to create a LARGE feast in no time at all.
So before I get on to the ingredients I thought I would share the types of dishes I decided to make for this party feast. Everyone needs nachos and it is really easy to layer up with Old El Paso condiments with salsa, sour cream and even some good old Guacamole! For the main event I made tacos with not just one but two fillings with ‘Stand & Stuff’ taco shells which have revolutionised my taco life (don't you just hate it when the hard tacos crack and food goes everywhere, it makes me cry), you literally just fill them up and your good to go! Now I am not saying they are the neatest things to eat but none the less they are a lot better.
To make these tacos even better I did not just make one filling I made two - oh yeah, go me!! Remember with Mexican food you can pick and choose what you would like, don’t feel like you need to create all of this – I did go a little wild!
- 1 X large packet of Tortilla Chips
- Cheese: The more the merrier
- Old El Paso Jalapeños: The more the merrier
- Old El Paso Salsa
- Old El Paso squeezy sour cream
- Old El Paso squeezy guacamole
- Place the tortilla chips on a plate, layer with salsa, cheese and jalapeños.
- Place in the over at 150 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and move to a different dish.
- Squeeze sour cream and guacamole as you see fit.
- DIG IN.
- Stand & Stuff soft taco kit to make the Mince filling
- 1/2 X Onion
- 1 X Red Pepper
- 150g Mince
- Pinch of Chilli
- Roughly chop the onion and the pepper.
- Brown the mince then add the onion & pepper, drain the excess liquid before you add the taco kit seasoning mix. I used smokey BBQ. YUM.
- If you like things a bit spicy add a pinch of chilli.
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN FILLING
- 150g Chicken (I used pieces but you can use any part of the Chicken :-) )
- 1 x Chipotle sauce (LAZY I know but who has the time and it tasted BOOM)
- Half a lime juice
- 2 X Tomatoes
- 1 X Onion
- 3 X Old El Paso Jalapeños
- Bunch of Coriander
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Finely chop the onion and tomatoes (remove the seeds), jalapeños and coriander.
- Squeeze half the lime then add the olive oil - mix well.
- Old El Paso Salsa
- Old El Paso Jalapeños
- Rice (use a pre-packet for more flavour and an easy life)
NOW FILL YOUR STAND AND STUFF TACOS AND GRAB A MARGARITA...OLE!
This post is an entry to the Foodies100 Cinco de Mayo recipe challenge sponsored by Old El Paso. The range of Old El Paso products is available in all major supermarkets. To find out more, visit www.oldelpaso.co.uk.