So last week I spoke about the launch of Old El Paso mini Stand 'N' Stuff tortillas and I have finally used them for myself and not in the traditional sense; I have created something a little different. If you are looking for traditional Old El Paso read my post on a menu inspired by Cinco De Mayo, but here is my take on these mini Mexican taco boats.
Using the mini Stand 'N' Stuff tortillas I have made something fun for the little ones as well as older, who are still young at heart. The best thing about the mini Stand 'N' Stuff tortillas is that they are so fun to eat, kids and adults can enjoy them alike. They go with a variety of flavours and as they are so small they can make great appetisers or as a main meal with some nachos on the side. If you have eaten the original range (FYI they have a new wholewheat version), they are the same but in a mini portion.
So my first recipe, inspired by my time at the Mini Mexican Cantina is so fun to eat and make for little hands or yourself:
- Cheese (Grated)
- Hot Dogs
- Old El Paso Salsa Mild
- Old El Paso Mini Stand 'N' Stuff tortillas
- This is super simple. Put as many sausages and sweetcorn you wish into a pan with boiling water and boil for about 6 minutes.
- Wrap the Mini Stand 'N' Stuff tortillas in foil and place in the oven at 250 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Arrange the food for your little ones to make and exciting piece of mini food art.
- Steak (sliced)
- Cheese (Grated)
- Old El Paso Sour Cream
For the Steak Marinade:
- 1 X TSP Cayenne pepper
- 1 X TSP Chilli Pepper
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 X Garlic Cloves (crushed)
For the Cucumber and Avocado Salsa:
- 1 x Avocado
- 1/4 Cucumber
- 1/2 Onion (red is best)
- 1 Lime (Squeezed)
- Handful of Coriander
- Old El Paso Jalapeños
- Make the marinade: Mix all the ingredients together and cover the sliced steak.
- Turn on the grill to 240 degrees and grill for 3 minutes each side if you are after rare like me. Let them rest.
- Make the salsa by roughly chopping up the Avocado, cucumber, onion, coriander and Jalapeños. Squeeze a lime and mix together.
- Turn the oven to 240 degrees and warp the mini Stand 'N' Stuff tortillas in foil and place them in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Place the salsa, steak, sour cream and cheese on the table and make your perfect concoction.
This post is in collaboration with Old El Paso but all thoughts and love of Mexican food is all me.