On Wednesday I attended a gluten free supper club hosted by nutritionist, Amanda Hamilton on behalf of Schwartz.
Don’t know who or what Schwartz is? Open up your spice cupboard and read the label I have around 20 different pots or flavour packed spices that bring any dull dish to life. They are one of the main herbs and spices experts in the UK and have just launched their first ever gluten free range.
‘All the flavour, none of the gluten’
There are a number of reasons you could be gluten free, maybe you're intolerant, allergic, your lifestyle, to be healthy on the inside or you just like the flavour. Whatever the reason Schwartz now have you covered.
Hidden in the Hospital Club in Soho, is a little room called 'Forest Room' and everywall is covered in forest like wallpaper and this is where we dined on the delicious new recipes. As mentioned the recipe mixes hold all of the flavour but none of the gluten and with the UK going wild for ‘free-form’ this is a smart move for the brand and has been two years in development but some brands have not nailed the gluten free move as the food tastes a bit like cardboard. I was chatting to my friend (who is gluten intolerant) who I brought to the event about the foods she loves and loathes and crumpets came out on top for being PANTS.
· Fajitas: One of my favourite dishes and with cumin, oregano and a kick of chilli.
· Chilli Con Carne: This wholesome recipe mix is a mix of chilli powder, cumin and cocoa powder for an addictive dish.
· Spaghetti Bolognese: Again spaghetti bolognese is the dish that you sometimes just crave and with tomato, garlic, basil and oregano I am sold.
· Chicken Casserole: At the dinner this was one of my favourite dishes with garlic, basil and oregano for one tasty dinner.
· Cottage Pie: a warm and hearty recipe for a dish I do not have often enough.
Pour over sauces and gravies:
· Cheese Sauce
· Creamy Peppercorn Sauce
· Beef Gravy
I truly loved my gluten free dinner and know that these simple recipe mixes are going to do really well. Recipe mix, sauces and gravies are available in all major supermarkets including Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrison’s and Tesco’s RRP: £1.30
So are you going #GlutenFree?